- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Duke University, Durham, North Carolina (1978)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana (Magna Cum Laude, 1975)
- Ambassador of Panama to the United States (2009-2011)
- Minister of Government and Justice (1988)
- Founding Partner at Aleman, Cordero, Galindo & Lee (1985- present)
- Special Advisor to Dr. Nicolas Ardito Barletta, President of Panama (1984-1985)
- Associate at Icaza, Gonzalez-Ruiz & Aleman (1982-1984)
- Legal Advisor at the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington, D. C. (1978-1981)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Panama Bar Association
- International Tax Planning Association
- International Fiscal Association
- Board of Directors, Banistmo, S.A.
- Board of Directors, PKB Bank (Panama), S.A.
- Board of Directors, Tag Bank, S.A.
- Board of Visitors, Duke University School of Law
- Board of Directors, Special Olympics